The Spring Summer ’15 catwalks had very strong influences from the seventies. Yay!! (Well, I mean who doesn’t love pretty boho prints and an excuse to don relaxed wavy hair…it’s like festival fashion,every day!!)
It was the combination of festival vibes, bohemian prints, fur, suede, denim, shaggy jackets, platforms, and of course, fringing, that made this one of my favourite trends to hit the catwalks for this season.
While many designers went for full on ‘70s from top to toe, I’ve taken inspiration and put together four slightly more wearable approaches to the trend.
- Boho Prints!
(Photos: Top left, middle & right – Etro | Bottom left & right – Tommy Hilfiger)
Some of my fave looks were from Etro at Milan Fashion Week and Tommy Hilfiger.
I have a lot of love for prints so I’ve composed two outfits to show you how you can channel the chilled out ‘70s vibes with pattern and print!
1. Sunglasses – River Island | 2. White Fringed Waistcoat – Primark (In Store) €15 |
3. Black Belt – River Island | 4. Maxi dress – Asos | 5. Black Boots – New Look | 6. Black Fringed Bag – River Island
The maxi is a relaxed but chic way to take on the trend. While I loved that Etro teamed it with as much tassels, fringing and pattern that a model could handle, I toned it down a bit – for us mortals! I also think a belt at the waist will ensure that you’re not completely lost in all that fabric!
(Photo: Saint Laurent)
The next look is inspired by the current ‘it-girl’ and my major girl crush, Cara Delevingne, wearing Saint Laurent.
1. Boho Blouse – New Look | 2. Shearling Collar – Folkster | 3. Black Fedora – Asos |
4. Earrings – Asos | 5. Black Knee High Boots – River Island | 6. White Leather Skirt – Folkster |
7. Blue Fringed Bag – Topshop
This is a slightly safer look, but one that I love. Folkster also have the skirt in black and the shearling collar comes in a range of colours – both of which are versatile pieces that would be great additions to any wardrobe.
2. The Little Denim Dress
(Photos : Gucci)
While Chloé had a fab take on the denim dress, it was Gucci that really caught my attention. I adore this look, particularly the chic necktie.
1. Denim Dress – New Look | 2. Patent Platform Heels – Topshop | 3. Clutch – Stradivarius 4. Neck tie – Topshop
Denim is easy to get right and is really versatile; it works for everyone! So go out and grab a LDD – NOW!
3. Denim on Denim
(Photos: left – Fendi || Right – Gucci)
For me, Fendi, Burberry and Gucci did this look best. Ok, so it’s not for everyone but be adventurous and give it a go!
1. Molly Jeans – River Island | 2. Denim Shirt – Stradivarius | 3. Brown Fringed Bag – Stradivarius |
4. Brown Belt – River Island
I like to keep the bottom half a little darker than the top. (On a side note, these ‘Molly’ jeans from River Island are ahhh-mazing, they’ve been a key ingredient in my wardrobe for a while now! The stretchy fabric is really flattering. They’re a must-have!) Simple tanned accessories look fantastic with denim and a belt is essential to give definition to the waist.
So there you have it, my guide on how to rock the ’70s trend. I hope you enjoyed the post…please let me know in the comment section below!
Leave a Reply